One of my favorite leagues each year is the FFN Experts League in which 12 industry experts compete in the name of charity. For me, it’s special because it combines my love of fantasy football with some really great causes. The league is a virtual who’s who covering some of the best independent websites, sports outlets, and national publications.
Everybody plays for their favorite charity and FFN makes a financial donation to the league winner’s chosen charity. Steve Schwarz from The Sports Network faced Ryan Fowler from FOXSports.com in the championship.
The combination of Peyton Manning, Demaryius Thomas, and Pierre Garcon helped propel Steve's outstanding 12-1 team to this year's FFN Experts League Championship! Congratulations Steve! A $500 donation has been made in Steve's name to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation - the world's largest and most recognizable name in the fight against breast cancer.
This year, the league was comprised of some incredible people including:
1. Sara Holladay - FFLibrarian.com and reigning champion - Playing for the Fort Sanders Foundation
2. Justin Sablich – The New York Times - Playing for the ASPCA
3. Ryan Fowler – FOX Sports - Playing for Autism Speaks
4. Jordan Zucker - Girls Guide to Fantasy Football - Playing for The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence
5. Hal Spivack – Fleaflicker.com
6. Kyle Kraska – CBS San Diego
7. Steve Schwarz – The Sports Network
8. Melissa Jacobs – TheFootballGirl.com
9. Sean Morris – BrunoBoys.net
10. Gene Wang – The Washington Post
11. Justin Tasch – New York Daily News
12. Joe Dyken – FantasyFootballNerd.com - Playing for The V Foundation for Cancer Research.
In the past, FFN has donated in the names of our champions to the Fort Sanders Foundation and the Children's Aid Society of New York. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is a wonderful organization to add to our tradition!
This is one league where the real winners are more than just those competing. It’s important to remember that charity is a gift that benefits everyone. Thank you to all of the FFN Premium members who ultimately make this possible.
It has been an honor to play against these folks and I’m already looking forward to next year!
Be the first to comment on this post
You must be signed in to post your comments