Posted: Friday, August 31, 2018
Have a fantasy football draft this weekend? We've got everything you need, starting with our award-winning weighted-consensus fantasy football rankings including our enhanced player cards and injury risk indicators. Use these rankings (or your own custom scoring system) with our interactive Draft Buddy to help you nail your draft. Have keepers? No problem - just add them to the Draft Buddy.
We have one of the most comprehensive suites of interactive tools in the industry and nobody comes close to providing them at a competitive price. Unlock all of our tools and analysis for just $14.95 for the entire season. If you're not a Premium Member, upgrade your account today and let's bring home a championship!
Once you've completed your draft, you can import an unlimited number of teams into our popular Lineup Analyzer where you can have us suggest your lineup each week, monitor and alert you about inactive players, one-click search your waiver wire for suggestions, and if you're in multiple leagues, we'll show you which players, teams, and positions you have the most shares of. Let the rest of your league worry about their sit/start decisions. We've got you covered...
My Draft Notes
Whether you've already nailed your draft or are just about to head into the draft room, I have compiled my notes and observations that you'll find helpful going into your draft. For example, you cannot afford to wait on running backs this year. The dropoff between tiers is signifcant and they have been flying off the draft boards. If you don't draft a RB until the 5th or 6th round, you're simply not going to win your league. On a positive note, you can definitely wait on quarterbacks. Check out the article and you'll find the QB that I've highlighted as the most under-rated QB in fantasy. In the article, we also cover the preseason winners, undervalued players, suspension targets, and late round fliers.
One Week Left for Best Ball Leagues
If you haven't tried any Best Ball leagues yet, don't let this opportunity pass you by. These are "set it and forget it" leagues where you draft your team against other live players and that's it. No setting lineups each week. No trades. The system will calculate the highest scoring players each week for you. There's even a blind auction league option if you've always wanted to try an auction league!
* Julio Jones has been sliding to the end of the first/start of the second round in most drafts. That is phenomenal value for a guy who averaged 1,579 yards over the past four seasons.
* Doug Baldwin has indicated that his injured knee will "never be 100% this season". That's not positive news, but we're not shying away from clicking the Draft button on him.
* Jerick McKinnon has been dealing with a calf injury, but he looks ready to go for Week 1. Lock him in your lineup.
* Teddy Bridgewater has been traded to the Saints, which means that we anticipate Sam Darnold to be the starter in NY.
* Aaron Rodgers got a 4-year extension worth $134 million dollars. To put that in perspective, the entire annual budget for the city of Green Bay is $107 million.
* Jermaine Kearse (abdomen) will likely miss Week 1.
* Alshon Jeffery is expected to be taken off the PUP list today. That doesn't mean that he won't miss any of the initial games, but there's going to be question marks around his availability. We don't expect to see him play until Week 3.
* Samaje Perine returned from a sprained ankle to play in last night's final preseason game. He's not worth rostering this year as he sits behing Kelley, Peterson, and Thompson on the Washington depth chart.
* Ronald Jones has been awful during the preseason...and "awful" is being nice. He should pick up more value as the season progresses and could be a nice flier for later in the year. Until then, Peyton Barber leads the depth chart.
* Kenyan Drake appears to have the starting gig locked up in Miami. Many anticipated a time-share with Frank Gore, and while that may still happen, Drake has been fantastic during the preseason with 15 rushes for 102 yards and 5 receptions for 47 yards. Gore has one carry for negative two yards.
* Josh Gordon (hamstring) didn't play last night, but the team expects him to be ready for the season-opener.
If you are drafting this weekend - good luck! I hope FFN will be a part of your fantasy toolbox this season.
Enjoy your holiday weekend!
Be the first to comment on this post
You must be signed in to post your comments